Форум Академия за вампири
Ришел е посетила Форкс 7104180s

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ришел е посетила Форкс 7104180s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Вход

Забравих си паролата!

Дарения за форума
Latest topics
» Помогнете ми
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyЧет Авг 23, 2018 12:01 pm by magi961

» Коя е последната книга, която си купихте?
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyНед Яну 21, 2018 6:53 pm by Valentina

» Любима вампирска поредица?
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyНед Яну 21, 2018 6:51 pm by Valentina

» Коя книга четете в момента?
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyНед Яну 21, 2018 6:50 pm by Valentina

» От А до Я имена на момиче и момче
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyНед Яну 21, 2018 6:25 pm by Valentina

» Да броим до 999 vol.2
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyНед Яну 21, 2018 6:23 pm by Valentina

» Новини около издаването на четвъртата книга в БГ
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyНед Яну 21, 2018 6:10 pm by Valentina

» Любим момент от първата книга?
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyВто Яну 16, 2018 11:03 pm by Valentina

» Дориан или Кийо?
Ришел е посетила Форкс EmptyВто Яну 16, 2018 11:00 pm by Valentina

Ришел е посетила Форкс

5 posters

Go down

Ришел е посетила Форкс Empty Ришел е посетила Форкс

Писане by Little_Dhampir Пет Яну 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Ришел е посетила Форкс O71t6o

I was accompanied by author Mark Henry, his wife Caroline, Tor editor Heather Osborn (visiting from New York and the catalyst for this trip), and jewelry-marker/bookseller Synde. Although we drove in an SUV, we were packed in pretty cozily.

Ришел е посетила Форкс Ehj7k8

The drive led us through some pretty remote places, filled with little commerce and houses with collapsed roofs. Some of my companions found this completely astounding, but well...if you drove about 10 miles out of my hometown in Michigan and took away the rainforest, the landscape really isn't so different.
We ate lunch along the way in the most disgusting Taco Bell I have ever seen. Seriously. There were swarms of flies hovering in the air, which--as Caroline pointed out--had to have come from something inside the restaurant since it was so cold out. Why we stayed, I have no clue.
When we finally reached Forks, we were given a warm (if rainy) welcome.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 241jrwg

Our first stop was the Forks Visitor Center so that we could figure out what sights to see. Unsurprisingly, the center has long since embraced its town's current claim to fame and tourism.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2eg9x08

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2nj9282

The people at the visitor's center were super nice and helpful, ready with a packet full of the town's Twilight info. They were also more than willing to let us do some photo ops.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2i28xzr

Outside the visitor's center was--wait for it--Bella's truck. And Mark and Caroline didn't hesitate to reenact one of Twilight's most famous scenes.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 20gk74n

Since they were on a roll and because Mark had perfected his Edward expression, they also performed the spider monkey scene.

Ришел е посетила Форкс Ev5i0k

We set out on the road then and visited the first stop on the driving tour: the designated Swan home, a private residence we were told not to disturb.

Ришел е посетила Форкс Qy7p7m

That, of course, meant we had to visit the "Cullen House," which actually bears little resemblance to the one in Twilight. It's a bed and breakfast, which has designated itself the Cullen House and undoubtedly benefits from that title.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2a6qnhc

The B&B, however, leaves "notes from Esme" on its porch in an effort to enhance the authenticity.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2mo8prp

After this came Forks High School, again showing reality doesn't always resemble fiction. Much like the country drive, the small and plain appearance of FHS was a little foreign to some in my party, but again...it's not that different from what I grew up with.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2qwneyt

One last stop completed our driving tour: the Forks Hospital. As you can see, Carlisle has been given his own parking sport...though he apparently has to share it with delivery trucks. I'd be nervous about damage to my car if I were him.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2iasd1i

The gift shops had every Twilight item you can imagine. Some were naturally expected:

Ришел е посетила Форкс 1z6ntd

Some were not what I expected:

Ришел е посетила Форкс 11kgi0i

You'd think this would be enough for one day, but we were just getting started. After Forks, we had to move onto to Jacob's territory of La Push, located on the Quileute Reservation. Its welcome sign was a little different from the Forks one.

Ришел е посетила Форкс Ajmfqa

Naturally, werewolves were quite welcome! And what La Push lacked in gift shops, it more than made up for in gorgeous scenery.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 1z2j7a0

Having seen all we could in the Forks/La Push area, we turned around and headed east toward the urban sprawl of Seattle. Well...we did have one more stop to make. An hour or so outside of Forks, we swung through Port Angeles, which famously holds the Italian restaurant where Bella and Edward had their first date.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2wnwa5g

Just like the Forks businesses, Bella Italia more than willing to use Twilight where it could, even featuring what Bella ate in the book. While eating, we were visited by author Gwen Hayes, who lives in the area. She was lovely and proved that when you Tweet and Facebook your every location, people can find you.

Ришел е посетила Форкс Es4ubs

The restaurant's food was excellent and served a special wine made by a local winery: Twilight sparkling Syrah.

Ришел е посетила Форкс 3484j74

Finally, we were able to make the journey home for real, and by the time we got on the ferry back to Seattle, the signs of a 15-hour adventure were starting to take their toll:

Ришел е посетила Форкс 2rra3qo

And that concludes my epic Forks adventure.

What did I learn? First, that western Washington is not so different from western Michigan. Second, that you can tie any type of merchandise into a movie/book: shirts, lunch boxes, jars of honey, coffee, bumper stickers, knit hats, shot glasses, pajamas, candles, makeup, and much, much more.

Finally, and most importantly, I learned that I have made a serious mistake in not setting Vampire Academy in a real town.

Източник: Блогът на Ришел
Little_Dhampir
Little_Dhampir
Администратор
Администратор

Брой мнения : 2878
Точки : 14753
Присъединяване : 09.08.2009
Възраст : 29
Местожителство : Murcia, Spain

Върнете се в началото Go down

Ришел е посетила Форкс Empty Re: Ришел е посетила Форкс

Писане by darina_96 Пет Яну 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Знаете ли какво смятам да направя?? Ще отида до тази книжарница (всъщниост welcome center) където са картонените Едуард и Джейкъб и ще си ги прибера у нас. Big Smile Бтв местата от снимките ги има и в книгата "Обсебени"
darina_96
darina_96
Победител
Победител

Брой мнения : 172
Точки : 800
Присъединяване : 22.11.2009
Възраст : 27
Местожителство : Ямбол

Върнете се в началото Go down

Ришел е посетила Форкс Empty Re: Ришел е посетила Форкс

Писане by ashley green Нед Яну 03, 2010 5:02 pm